Chamber Membership Relations Manager
JOB TITLE: Membership Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE APPROVED: May 24, 2021
COMPENSATION: Salary plus Commission
Grow paid membership of the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce through outreach to businesses, organizations, and individuals to secure their membership. The use of expert and professional sales skills is key to the success of the incumbent. Communicating the various benefits, value, and program offerings of the Chamber both to individual owners and groups of businesses about services, marketing opportunities, networking events, and advocacy around policy issues affecting business is critical to success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures the goals set for new members and new member revenue are met or exceeded by sales efforts targeted to those who may benefit from Chamber membership. In this effort, the incumbent is responsible to identify prospective businesses and organizations for use as sales leads, in concert with staff, relevant Chamber Committees, or from other Chamber members. Sources for such leads are expected to be as diverse as stories in local media to Business Industry lists, referrals from other members, and attendance at other organization’s events.
- Contributes to the retention of members by maintaining a positive and professional relationship with members, especially those whom the incumbent has recruited. Key among members for which retention efforts are critical are the Tier Members whose renewal includes dollars dedicated to the marketing of the member’s business. In this effort, the incumbent will engage members via phone, email, at Chamber events, especially those at their place of business and at other locations as may present themselves. Additionally, the incumbent works with the GVCC staff to ensure new members are introduced to the Chamber website directory, programs and events.
- Contributes to the success of Chamber marketing efforts by working in concert with the Marketing & Communications Manager by regularly posting to social media about new members including both static and live streaming video interviews.
- Contributes to the success of Chamber events by attending, participating with the set-up, event operation and tear-down as may be required. Making time available at the request of the VP Membership & Operations is key to this responsibility.
- Provides monthly reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which include but are not limited to prospective members identified, new member sales and new member dues totals, to the Pres/CEO.
- Provides staff support to the Membership Recruitment and Engagement Committee along with the other Membership Relations Manager, including agenda setting, recording of minutes, and follow up on items discussed in the meetings.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
BENEFITS: Below are just a few of the many benefits offered to our employees.
- Paid Time off with accrual increasing with longevity
- 401K with organization matching.
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 100% Employer paid comprehensive Medical, Vision and Dental insurance coverage
- Employer paid downtown parking
- Employer paid Life, Short Term Disability AND Long-Term Disability Insurance
Necessary Skills & Abilities
- 3 – 5 years of sales experience preferred; ability to work independently as well as a member of a team; ability to achieve sales goals with minimum supervision.
- Experience with member-based organizations, preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and experience with Power Point
- Experience with Customer Relations Management (CRM) database
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, special emphasis in the ability to address groups from a dozen to 200 individuals.
- Experience with public speaking
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish (preferred), though proficiency in another language will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
The description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
The Greater Vancouver Chamber of commerce is a non-profit business and economic development organization representing the Greater Vancouver area and has more than 1,100 members. Our goal is to stimulate economic growth through the resources of our members and partners leading to an improved business climate for Southwest Washington businesses. For additional information, please visit www.vancouverusa.com.
The Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: The Chamber is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. The Chamber will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and we encourage applicants of all ages.
Send letter of interest and resume to
John McDonagh, President/CEO at Jmcdonagh@vancouverusa.com and
Janet Kenefsky, Vice President of Operations at Jkenefsky@vancouverusa.com | Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce