Massage Therapist (Licensed)
Vancouver Wellness Studio in downtown Vancouver, WA is looking for an experienced Massage Therapist to join our Collaborative, Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team at our Waterfront Spa location! This position is for afternoon/evenings Tuesday - Friday and a full shift on Saturdays. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is well-versed in different types of massage and massage techniques, and is attentive to each client’s needs and physical condition. If you’re passionate about providing an exceptional client experience and are looking for competitive pay, flexible hours, and a positive and stable work environment, we highly encourage you to apply. We have an empathetic, supportive, and non-competitive culture, where we value diversity and inclusion on our team. This is a W-2 position. Competitive pay, Benefits, and a flexible work environment! Starting wage: $35 - $45 hourly with rate increases built-in (admin wage for all other duties). Please note we have a No Gratuity policy at our clinics. Benefits include Health Insurance (for full-time employees, 50% coverage by VWS), 15% commission on products sold and 15% off products and services.
- Use therapeutic massage techniques to deliver a safe and exceptional customer experience that meets their needs and desired results
- Keep track of client treatment records and plans and monitor improvement
- Cultivate a welcoming work environment by making positive relationships with clients and staff
- Provide added value to client’s with suggestions for stretching, strengthening, stress relief, and overall wellness maintenance
- Assess and advise on each client’s unique needs, taking into consideration their level of stress, physical condition, and medical history, and offer recommendations for types of massage and treatment
- Attend weekly team meetings and collaborate with our multidisciplinary team
- Admin duties: SOAP charting (online health record)
- LMT can make use of any of the following: Hydrocollator + Clay Packs, Organic Essential Oils and CBD Oil, Glass Fire Cupping, Towel Warmer
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Active Massage Therapist License in WA State
- At least 2 years of experience is preferred, less will be considered
- Experience with Electronic Health Records systems
- Punctual, able to maintain a clean and organized space
- Skilled in working with clients with chronic pain, chronic illness, and trauma
- Skilled in spa massage techniques and in working in a spa environment
- Experience creating individualized treatment plans
- Interest and ability to see at least 15+ clients per week (Starts part-time with ability to grow to full-time, 25+ clients per week if desired)
- Experience using Hydraulic Massage Tables is a plus!
- Passionate about Massage Therapy and collaborative healthcare!
- Compassionate and clear communication skills with both colleagues and clients
- Interest in growing with our team long-term
- Well-educated in intersectional approaches to care as well as trauma-informed
- Able to be both self-directed + collaborative
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients and retain clientele (fewer walk-ins and more referrals)
- Practitioners approach is Gender affirming, Trauma-informed, Size Positive
Come join our collaborative team and make a huge impact in our community! We prioritize health in all ways for our staff - enjoy medical insurance, discounts on our holistic services, and healthcare products, competitive pay, and growth opportunities!