Software Developer II
iQ Credit Union is a Great Place to Work and Grow!
Here in the Pacific Northwest, we take care of one another, and it's no different at iQ Credit Union. We're committed to our employees, our members, and the communities we serve.
Our employees are amazing! They’re collaborative, approachable, and all-around exceptional human beings who live out the credit union philosophy of ‘people helping people’ each and every day.
The Software Developer II is responsible for the design, implementation, security, and performance of company software using advanced software development skills and SDLC best practices to optimize automation and create efficiencies for end-users.
- Modify or create custom software applications in a logical, efficient manner such that they can be readily enhanced and maintained. Recommend and follow software development life cycle (SDLC) best practices, creating quality documentation and using a test-driven development (TDD) approach to reduce risk, reduce defects, and improve quality.
- Share experience and knowledge with others in meetings, through documentation, and pair programming. Help conduct thorough code reviews, providing actionable feedback for developers. Provide suggestions and recommendations for process and platform improvements.
- Assist with troubleshooting to solve defects in a timely manner. Find and implement solutions for any vulnerabilities identified from software security scanning or testing.
- Actively participate in migrating legacy applications to the cloud (Azure) using a systematic approach. Help create clear plans for release rollout, as well as the decommissioning of the legacy solutions.
- Apply Agile/Scrum methodologies to participate and contribute in all Agile/Scrum ceremonies. Actively keep work items updated throughout every sprint, delivering on time. Participate in backlog refinement meetings and provide story point estimates.
- Consistently utilize a TDD approach during software creation, organize and structure code in a testable manner and ensure an appropriate amount of unit tests to cover the codebase are written. Responsible for regularly reviewing and modifying tests as the software changes.
- Construct applications with detailed documentation in a logical, efficient manner such that they can be readily enhanced and maintained. Assist with creating or updating documentation where missing or outdated. Ensure related Jira tickets are documented to include all relevant work notes.
- Experience working with Symitar core, including PowerOn/RepGen code and SymXchange desired. Assist with documentation of existing PowerOn/RepGen code may be needed for the migration process. Experience and understanding of SymXchange capabilities and operations is useful when creating business logic APIs.
- Help write, manage, and maintain Software Development Lifecycle documents and ensure adherence to outlined process during development.
- Develop and maintain a secure working environment that meets the existing Information Security Policy for development and implementation of new processes or when making improvements to existing processes.
- Maintain awareness of trends and advancements in programming technology and apply these advancements into programs as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Knowledge and Skills:
Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
iQ offers a total compensation package for our totally exceptional employees.
There’s a reason we’ve ranked as one of top workplaces in the Pacific Northwest for the past seven years. We listen to our employees and continue to provide benefits that make a difference.
iQ pays 100% monthly medical, dental and vision premium for you AND your dependent children.
Saving for retirement
iQ matches up to 5.5% of your 401(k) retirement dollars.
Paid time off
iQ offers 11 paid holidays plus vacation and sick time accruals.
iQ encourages community involvement through paid volunteer opportunities.
iQ uniquely offers a paid Cultural Enrichment Day to increase awareness of the diverse communities we serve.
Investing in you
iQ offers a student loan repayment match up to $100 per month.
iQ supports you in advancing your education and knowledge through tuition reimbursement.
iQ offers an annual match to amplify your nonprofit giving.
See our full list of unique benefits: iQ23-BenefitsSummary2023.pdf (iqcu.com)
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.