IT Support Technician 2 - Accessibility Reviewers
Clark College’s Information Technology (IT) department is currently accepting applications for three (3) skilled, technical, paraprofessional IT Support Technician 2 (Accessibility Reviewer) positions. Each Accessibility Reviewer position is a full-time, non-permanent position currently scheduled to work up to 12-months. The Accessibility Reviewers will report directly to the IT Quality Assurance - Journey (Accessibility Coordinator). These positions have an opportunity for a hybrid schedule with the option of a combination of days worked from home and days worked in the office.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Utilize automated accessibility evaluation tools to test applications and software to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.1 standards Level A-AA compliance, or other applicable standards.
- Produce accessibility reports.
- Generate test summary reports after each testing cycle to show testing progress, actual testing results, and pass/fail status.
- Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items.
- Collaborate with the IT team when necessary with a focus on results and meeting deadlines.
- Perform related duties as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- High School diploma.
- Two (2) years of experience as an Accessibility Reviewer OR Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience using technical products such as Windows, macOSX, mobile platforms, screen readers, and other specialized analysis tools.
- Familiarity with two (2) screen readers (ex: Jaws, Dragon, Naturally Speaking, VoiceOver, or similar).
- Proficient in Windows and one (1) other OS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
JOB READINESS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and multi-task and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
- This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A healthy work/life balance for our employees with the opportunity for flexible work schedules and remote work depending on position and college needs.
- McClaskey Culinary Institute offers fast, fresh, and healthy dining options for students, faculty, staff, and the community. The space, located in Gaiser Hall, features three kiosks, a full-service retail bakery and barista bar, grab-and-go items, and a student-run restaurant.
- Coffee Lounge in Hannah Hall and Clark Café in Joan Stout Hall.
- Campus bookstore offers snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies.
- On-campus early childhood education care program (pending registration and availability).
- Gym and recreation facilities available for membership.
- Clark promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events.
SALARY/BENEFITS:Salary Range: $3,883 – $5,214/month | Step A-M (commensurate with qualifications and experience) | Range: 46 | Code: 481D
Successful candidates typically start at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases.
Clark College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes vacation/sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., September 19, 2023.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references listed
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105 or email email@example.com.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, email@example.com, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Clark College Human Resources
August 28, 2023