AC Hotels by Marriott celebrate the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan, AC Hotels offer concept-driven, purposeful design for signature moments and no unwanted extras.
Vesta Hospitality is looking for a talented individual to help fill the role of Laundry Attendant for its new AC by Marriott Hotel at the Vancouver waterfront.
The 150-room AC by Marriott Hotel opened in June 2022, featuring 7,000 sq ft of event space (all with river view), restaurant and lounge with outdoor seating, and spectacular views of the Columbia River.
If you have the talent, experience and attitude for a dynamic Laundry Attendant, we invite you to join our team.
The Laundry/Linen Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linens and towels for the hotel within the standards established by the hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Pre-sorts and inspects linens to locate and salvage stained or torn items; records counts for discarded items.
2. Maintains and controls proper usage of laundry supplies and equipment, including cleaning dryer to prevent lint build-up.
3. Responds promptly and follows through on guest requests and complaints in effective and friendly manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other available amenities in a courteous, accurate manner.
- Greets all guests in corridors.
- Projects a professional image of the hotel.
- Has a friendly, personable style with guests and anticipates customer needs.
- Loads and operates commercial washers and dryers.
- Folds and stacks towels, sheets and other linens.
- Reports all equipment maintenance items to supervisor.
- Maintains laundry area storerooms and linen closets in an organized, neat and clean manner.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve hotel and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and in rare occasions lift up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and walk; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell, and navigate through tight spaces. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associates must be able to read, see
(close, distance and peripheral vision), adjust focus and apply depth and perception vision.
The work environment described here is representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. In rare occasions, the associate is required to work in high, precarious places, and wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person