Join the Team!
AC Hotels by Marriott celebrate the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan, AC Hotels offer concept-driven, purposeful design for signature moments and no unwanted extras.
Vesta Hospitality is looking for a talented individual to help fill the role of Hotel Front Desk Agent for its new AC by Marriott Hotel at the Vancouver waterfront.
The 150-room AC by Marriott Hotel opened in June 2022, featuring 7,000 sq ft of event space (all with river view), restaurant and lounge with outdoor seating, and spectacular views of the Columbia River.
If you have the talent, experience and attitude for a dynamic Front Desk Agent, we invite you to join our team.
1. Responds promptly and follows through on guest complaints in effective and friendly manner.
2. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
3. Uses suggestive selling techniques to upsell hotel rooms according to hotel standard procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Projects a professional image of the hotel.
- Notifies supervisor of incidents that may affect normal business operations or guest service.
- Performs well on all company shopping and telemonitoring programs.
- Knowledgeable of all front office functions, processes and procedures, hotel and surroundings.
- Follows all guidelines in regards to guest service, including, but not limited check in, reservations, check out, special requests, pre-registration.
- Adheres to guestroom key control procedures.
- Adheres to hotel credit policies and procedures, including credit card authorization, direct bill accounts, check cashing, cash-payment guests, telephone deposits, etc.
- Coordinates room status with the housekeeping department such as late checkouts, extended stays early check-ins, special requests, etc.
- Adheres to hotel mail, package and message handling procedures.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette when answering all telephones and understands and uses voice mail procedures accurately.
- Posts outlet charges promptly and accurately and balances end-of-shift work and cash drawer.
- Attends department meetings.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and walk; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associates must be able to read, see (close, distance and peripheral vision), adjust focus and apply depth and perception vision.
The work environment described here is representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person