Join the Team!
AC Hotels by Marriott celebrate the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan, AC Hotels offer concept-driven, purposeful design for signature moments and no unwanted extras.
Vesta Hospitality is looking for a talented individual to help fill the role of Assistant Front Office Manager for its new AC by Marriott Hotel at the Vancouver waterfront.
The 150-room AC by Marriott Hotel opened in June 2022, featuring 7,000 sq ft of event space (all with river view), restaurant and lounge with outdoor seating, and spectacular views of the Columbia River.
If you have the talent, experience and attitude for a dynamic Assistant Front Office Manager, we invite you to join our team.
Location: Employee Name:
Job Title: Assistant Front Office Manager reports to: Front Office Manager
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the front desk during their assigned shift.
The Assistant Front Office Manager represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. This position is responsible for performing the activities of the front desk including reservations, guest services, and telephone calls professionally, efficiently, and courteously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responds promptly and follows through on guest complaints in effective and friendly manner.
2. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel and to upsell hotel rooms according to hotel standard procedures.
3. Supervises workflow of front desk staff during shift.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Projects a professional image of the hotel.
- Notifies supervisor of incidents that may affect normal business operations or guest service.
- Performs well on all company shopping and telemonitoring programs.
- Knowledgeable of all front office functions, processes and procedures, hotel and surroundings.
- Follows all guidelines in regards to guest service, including, but not limited check in, reservations, check out, special requests, pre-registration.
- Adheres to guestroom key control procedures.
- Adheres to hotel credit policies and procedures, including credit card authorization, direct bill accounts, check cashing, cash-payment guests, telephone deposits, etc.
- Coordinates room status with the housekeeping department such as late checkouts, extended stays early check-ins, special requests, etc.
- Adheres to hotel mail, package and message handling procedures.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette when answering all telephones and understands and uses voice mail procedures accurately.
- Posts outlet charges promptly and accurately and balances end-of-shift work and cash drawer.
- Attends department meetings.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Effectively delegates projects and duties.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve hotel and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to read and interpret simple and complex documents, reports, manuals and correspondence. Must be able to write simple and complex documents, reports, and correspondence. Must be able to speak effectively with clear speech to individuals and groups.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and walk; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associates must be able to read, see (close, distance and peripheral vision), adjust focus and apply depth and perception vision.
The work environment described here is representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The associates is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions (non-weather), toxic or caustic chemicals. In rare occasions, the associate is required to work in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person