oin the Team!
AC Hotels by Marriott celebrate the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan, AC Hotels offer concept-driven, purposeful design for signature moments and no unwanted extras.
Vesta Hospitality is looking for a talented individual to help fill the role of Hostess/Host for its new AC by Marriott Hotel at the Vancouver waterfront.
The 150-room AC by Marriott Hotel opened in June 2022, featuring 7,000 sq ft of event space (all with river view), restaurant and lounge with outdoor seating, and spectacular views of the Columbia River.
If you have the talent, experience and attitude for a dynamic Hostess/Host, we invite you to join our team.
This position is responsible for seating arriving guests promptly and process cashier transactions accurately and promptly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Has a friendly, personable style with guests. Anticipates customer needs before they ask.
2. Complies with all standards regarding greeting and seating of guests, such as staying within two feet of guest while walking to the table; pulling out chairs for guests, handing guests an open menu, introducing server and upselling any specials.
3. Has full knowledge of and promotes menu, facilities and services, hours of operation, and promotional programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all company credit policies.
- Projects a professional image of the hotel.
- Responds promptly and follows through on guest requests and complaints in effective and friendly manner.
- Answers phone within company standard time frame. Treats guest professionally and respectfully over the phone.
- Using Open Table system correctly to accurately manage reservations and special events.
- Is attentive to guests’ needs, such as seating in smoking or non-smoking areas, providing booster chairs or high chairs for children, special needs for wheelchair access, providing adequate seating arrangements for large groups.
- Performs cashiering functions , including cash drawer reconciliation, posting checks, balances end-of-shift work, entering roomservice orders in POS system correctly and accurately, etc.
- Calls guest rooms after delivery of order to insure guest satisfaction; responds promptly to requests
- Completes assigned cleaning duties.
- Busses tables and provides guest assistance to servers.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Accurately reports sales and gratuities. Complies with gratuity procedures established by company policy.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve hotel and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and in rare occasions lift up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and walk; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell, and navigate through tight spaces. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associates must be able to read, see
(close, distance and peripheral vision), adjust focus and apply depth and perception vision.
The work environment described here is representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and toxic or caustic chemicals. In rare occasions, the associate is required to work in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
1. Certification: Required Preferred
Type: Food Handler’s Card
Alcohol Server Training
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.74 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Upscale casual restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person