Join the Team!
AC Hotels by Marriott celebrate the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan, AC Hotels offer concept-driven, purposeful design for signature moments and no unwanted extras.
Vesta Hospitality is looking for a talented individual to help fill the role of Bar Tender for its new AC by Marriott Hotel at the Vancouver waterfront.
The 150-room AC by Marriott Hotel opened in June 2022, featuring 7,000 sq ft of event space (all with river view), restaurant and lounge with outdoor seating, and spectacular views of the Columbia River.
If you have the talent, experience and attitude for a dynamic Bar Tender, we invite you to join our team
This position is responsible for providing bar service that is fast, friendly, efficient and professional, while maintaining all sanitation standards.
The Bartender is responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. The purpose of this position is to interact with the hotel guests and ensure they have a great experience at the BAR or lounge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides prompt, accurate service to all bar guests and other service personnel.
2. Is attentive to guests’ needs, such as keeping beverages full, serving condiments before food is delivered, checking back with guests within two minutes of delivering food to insure guest satisfaction, anticipating guests' needs before being asked.
3. Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes. Prepares alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows liquor brands, mixers, recipes, etc. and conforms to hotel's beverage control policies, including portion control.
- Adheres to local liquor laws, company policies, and Alcohol Awareness programs, including verifying consumer age, etc.
- Informs manager of any quality issues.
- Busses as necessary to maintain proper presentation on tables and at bar.
- Presents accurate guest checks promptly. Accurately reports sales and gratuities. Complies with gratuity procedures established by company policy.
- Complies with credit procedures related to running tabs. Verifies guest room keys for room charges.
- Performs running sidework and closing sidework duties. Performs opening prep work, including fruit garnish, pre-mixers, etc.
- Performs cashiering functions, including cash drawer reconciliation, posting checks, balances end-of-shift work, etc.
- Completes daily liquor requisition with supervisor.
Vesta Hospitality, LLC – Effective January 2017 1
- Secures beer, liquor and wine at the close of the day.
- Adheres to sanitation standards.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve hotel and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Vesta Hospitality’s focus areas are:
Our Teams | Our Guests | Financial Responsibilities | Our Revenue | Responsible Business
Sample standards of measurement are:
Guest satisfaction scores, liquor, food and beverage cost, safety and risk prevention measures and others.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education and/or Experience:
A minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Prior experience as a bartender. Prior cash-handling experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
1. Certification: Required Preferred
Type: Food Handler’s Card
Alcohol Server Training
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.74 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person