Join the Team!
AC Hotels by Marriott celebrate the beauty of classic modern design with its European soul and Spanish roots. Born from the entrepreneurial spirit of renowned hotelier Antonio Catalan, AC Hotels offer concept-driven, purposeful design for signature moments and no unwanted extras.
Vesta Hospitality is looking for a talented individual to help fill the role of Banquet Server/Bartender for its new AC by Marriott Hotel at the Vancouver waterfront.
The 150-room AC by Marriott Hotel opened in June 2022, featuring 7,000 sq ft of event space (all with river view), restaurant and lounge with outdoor seating, and spectacular views of the Columbia River.
If you have the talent, experience and attitude for a dynamic Banquet Server/Bartender, we invite you to join our team.
The Banquet Server is responsible for providing service that is fast, friendly, efficient and professional while maintaining all sanitation standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists with all phases of all type of banquet functions
2. Follow all service standards, department policies and other requirements
3. Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer needs are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets all guests promptly in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Sets tables according to instructions
- Responsible for making the function space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event
- Responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of the work areas, banquet rooms and storage areas
- Provide unique and creative ideas to enhance meetings & group experience
- Should possess in depth Knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation and presentation
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with guests and coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports all unsafe activities to supervisor.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve hotel and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must be able to read and interpret simple and complex documents, reports, manuals and correspondence. Must be able to write simple and complex documents, reports, and correspondence. Must be able to speak effectively with clear speech to individuals and groups. Multilingual skills helpful but not required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and in rare occasions lift up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk, hear and walk; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell, and navigate through tight spaces. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associates must be able to read, see
(close, distance and peripheral vision), adjust focus and apply depth and perception vision.
The work environment described here is representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and position requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and toxic or caustic chemicals. In rare occasions, the associate is required to work in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
Certification: Required Preferred
Type: Food Handler’s Card
Alcohol Server Training
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.74 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Every weekend
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person