Title: Finance Manager
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Who We Are:
Support for Early Learning & Families (SELF) is a nonprofit organization founded in response to the question, “How can we work to improve opportunities for our community’s children?” This question is at the heart of the work that we do. We believe that the answer to this question is through development of collaborative partnerships to ensure children can learn and develop themselves through play. By playing, our children learn about the world and how they relate to it, giving them the foundation needed to thrive.
General Description of Position:
The successful candidate for Finance Manager will have a strong passion for people, be detail-oriented, have strong problem-solving and numeracy skills, and an investigative nature. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager is a key functional expert in the organization and is responsible for all corporate finance and accounting activities. This includes consolidating financials results, monthly forecasting, budgeting, managing the Annual Operating Plan, tax and accounting principal guidance, treasury management, credit management and supervising payroll and related filings.
This role will lead through influence and provide guidance, support and assistance to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The ideal candidate for Finance Manager will have excellent communication and organizational skills, and maintain the highest level of ethical standards. Further extending the impact of the role on the organization, the Finance Manager will support financial aspects of Executive Leadership Team to ensure integrity and accuracy of the financials as well as speed and efficiency of data management, financial reporting and continuous improvement in data analytics and reporting. Will also be responsible for designing, managing and executing a global internal controls framework.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of nonprofit financial experience
- Minimum 5 years of Supervisory experience preferred
- Certified Public Accounting experience a plus
- Experience in managing Federal and State funding preferred
- Prefer early childhood program financial experience
- Able to manage multiple projects with varying but stringent deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) Payroll a plus
- Proven knowledge of financial analysis and strategy
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting standards, tax regulations and industry legislation
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Power BI experience preferred
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Essential Functions (include, but not limited to):
- Oversees all corporate accounting and finance functions and activities including treasury management, reporting and analysis, and financial reporting.
- Manages and completes the month, quarter and year-end close and assures adherence to US GAAP and completes reconciliations of balance sheet accounts ensuring accuracy of our financial records
- Reviews/Prepares monthly financial reports and communicates significant variances on a timely basis, including coordinating adjustments when needed
- Manages credit compliance and all external reporting
- Plan and coordinate the activities related to the annual budget and monthly forecasting process
- Coordinates periodic financial reviews/audits with outside audit and tax firms as required
- Provides all necessary information to outside accountants in conjunction with the filing of federal, state, and local tax returns for the business and trusts
- Develops recommendations and implements improvements to internal controls processes striving to build a more robust Accounting and Finance department
- Participate as a strategic business partner on cross functional teams to help drive organization efficiency, effectiveness, and continuous improvement
- Leads process improvement projects across Finance and Accounting
- Provides accounting and financial guidance to the Executive Directors and the SELF Board of Directors.
- Prolonged sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Requires near and far vision with frequent viewing of computer screen
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally
- Work area in typical office setting.
- Provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or have an approved medical/religious exception on file.
- This role will be based out of our office in Vancouver WA, with the flexibility of working semi-remotely.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Discounted child care
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- $10,000 Basic Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Additional voluntary insurance options
- Quarterly passes to Columbia Sportwear and Adidas employee store
SELF is an Equal Opportunity Employer