Tax Senior - Expatriate Taxation [Remote]
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are currently open while most of our employees are working remotely or in hybrid arrangements; interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
Are you a Tax Senior who would like to build their career in the Expatriate Taxation niche? If you have two years' recent experience preparing expatriate returns, are dedicated to creating a strong deliverable for clients, and enjoy supporting your teammates, this could be a great fit!
Note: Relocation assistance is available for this position. We are also open to fully remote work so there's no need to relocate.
What’s in it for you?
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop a career that fulfills their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to continually increasing our competencies.
- You won’t feel like an island; expand your skills and knowledge in this niche while you work alongside a team of CPAs who have the same specialty
- Collaborate with Tax Managers and Shareholders to facilitate projects and obtain more exposure to complex tax issues
- Opportunity to interact directly with clients (more quickly than customary on other teams)
- Develop critical skills such as reviewing work of tax staff and providing constructive criticism/work notes in addition to preparing returns
- Ample career growth opportunity
- Great downtown Portland location with easy access to dining, entertainment, public transportation, parking, and excellent building/office amenities (if you choose to work onsite; we’re flexible)
Where do you want to go?
Let’s Get There.
If you’re the Perkins kind of accountant, we know you’re not an “in the box” thinker and you’d never settle for “good enough.” Like us, you view continuing education as a necessity, not a bonus. With us, you’ll receive comprehensive training and support from a variety of high-quality resources. There’s no one-size-fits-all formula; together, we’ll design the right development path for you. You’ll benefit from individualized attention from managers and shareholders while you contribute to our collaborative environment that encourages all employees to learn from each other.
- Accurately and thoroughly prepare various US tax returns with international aspects (both for US expatriates and foreign nationals)
- Manage competing priority deliverables and communicate accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service experience
- Interface with clients to gather data and assist in relationship management
- Communicate both internally and externally to manage expectations and keep engagements progressing
- Develop and motivate engagement staff by providing technical assistance and other support as needed
- Minimum 2 years’ recent experience in public accounting, preferably in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm; minimum 1 year recent experience preparing expatriate and foreign national tax returns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Practice Engine, CCH ProSystem fx, etc.) is required; experience working in a paperless environment required
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills; high level of attention to details
- CPA or EA preferred
Does this sound like the right match for you? If so, please submit your resume to get the conversation started!
Questions? Email Areena McLaughlin, Talent Acquisition Manager, and Chelsea Albertson, Recruiting Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.