Tax Manager [Remote]
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are currently closed and our employees are working remotely; interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
The long-term work location for this role is flexible; we are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are located in and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally at this time.
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop a career that fulfills their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to constantly increasing our competencies. We're looking for our next corporate tax expert to join us!
Note: Relocation assistance is available for this position. We are also open to discussing ongoing remote work to eliminate the need to relocate.
Where do you want to go?
Let’s Get There.
At Perkins & Co, you’re able to take ownership of your career development. Our tax teams are niche-focused so you’ll become an expert while working alongside other experts. You’ll also enjoy:
- Collaboration with other teams. At Perkins, we operate as one firm. That means that we work together for our clients’ best interests, not in separate silos or playing politics. Work with your peers rather than competing against them!
- Direct access to leadership—no dictated orders from a partner you barely know who works in another office.
- So much more!
- 5+ years of recent experience in public accounting, preferably in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm; experience in a paperless environment is preferred
- Experience with S-corp, C-corp returns is required; SALT, ASC740, and personal income tax experience is strongly preferred
- Must be CPA licensed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to give and receive both positive and constructive feedback
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys developing lasting relationships with our clients so that they will entertain candid conversations about their life and businesses; by having a better understanding of who they are and what they do, we can produce a high-quality tax return and provide them with the most appropriate tax planning advice. We’re looking for a ‘hands on’ individual in both work style and client relationship skills; someone who is also passionate about developing the people on the team and values an environment where people strive to consistently grow.
Does this sound like the perfect fit for you? Please submit your resume to start the conversation!*
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.