We are currently looking for a seasoned staff accountant with at least 3 years of experience in public accounting to assist our team with various financial accounting services.
If performing a variety of financial accounting services such as preparing financial statements, trial balances, and state reporting excites you, and you enjoy staying on top of the latest accounting changes and information – this could be the position for you!
What You’ll Get to Do
- Perform data input for monthly bookkeeping for multiple clients in QuickBooks, including bank reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Review client bookkeeping reports and record journal entries to create a trial balance used for federal tax return preparation.
- Examine complicated accounts and records and prepare adjustments according to current accounting standards, tax laws and regulations.
- Accurately compute state excise taxes and complete entries on tax forms.
- Research state sales tax nexus issues.
- Serve as a reviewer for other staff accountants and projects consisting of trial balances, state excise tax compliance, payroll tax compliance and monthly bookkeeping.
- Provide software training for clients and other staff accountants.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on both oral and written communication when dealing with clients and other team members.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Quick ability to understand and assess a new project and task, plus experience with time-tracking preferred.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of regulatory and privacy requirements for tax and accounting firms preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years bookkeeping and higher-level accounting experience.
We offer a generous salary and benefits package, including paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental insurance, 401(k) match and more.
Our Company Story
At Integrated Tax Services, we’re more than just tax preparation professionals and accountants. We’re number translators. Numbers are an integral part of everyone’s life story and woven into all facets of life. And, for many, it’s confusing and daunting. We untangle the complicated and build relationships with our clients to help them understand what the numbers mean and how it affects their life story.
We are accomplished and ambitious individuals. But none of us is as smart as we are as a team. Our confidence in each other fuels our work. So, we make an effort to build trust every day. We’re kind and generous with each other, our clients and the world around us. We keep our commitments and celebrate triumphs.
If you share our passion for numbers, set the bar high with an eye toward accuracy, can hit the ground running and quickly develop a deep understanding of our business, play well with others and remain cool under pressure, we invite you to apply.