Financial Analyst [Remote]
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are open, but most employees are working remotely; interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
The long-term work location for this role is flexible; we are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are located in and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally at this time.
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to getting better every day. As part of the Perkins & Co team, you will enjoy robust training, exposure to a variety of industries, and the ability to develop an extensive network of professionals. We work hard here and we have fun along the way. Of course we provide competitive salary, good benefits, and plenty of perks, too.
As Financial Analyst in our Business Transition & Succession practice, you would have the opportunity to learn directly from experienced partners as they help business owners chart the course for the future of their companies. You would utilize your excellent organizational and analytical skills, business knowledge, and attention to detail to support a variety of projects for our clients. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in its early stages and enjoy career progression as it grows.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about providing excellent client service and developing relationships with coworkers. We want someone who is excited to kick-start their career. If you love financial planning and business analysis and want a place to thrive, we may have a home for you at Perkins.
The Financial Analyst will work both independently and as part of a team. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating personal and business financial forecasts and analysis
- Reviewing and analyzing business and estate documents
- Assist department manager with design and implementation of tax and estate planning strategies
- Compose client presentations, memos and proposals to generate new business
Our ideal candidate is someone with an understanding of financial statements, tax returns, forecasting/modeling, personal financial planning, and basic business principles. They would also be a whiz at using Excel and Word, adept at sifting through large volumes of information that may or may not be well organized, and self-motivated to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, or Financial Planning or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 2 years of work experience in an accounting, finance, or financial planning role that includes creating financial models/forecasts.
- Knowledge of business agreements.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; advanced level proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Team-oriented; demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage time and work projects effectively, including establishing project goals, tracking status, and communicating results/recommendations with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial analysis software.
- Experience with financial planning software and input (i.e., E-Money, Money Guide Pro).
- Sufficient experience to assist with design and implementation of tax and estate planning strategies.
- Master's degree with concentration in Business Administration, Accounting, Tax, or Finance.
- CPA or CFP.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you?
If so, please apply today to start the conversation. Questions? Email Areena McLaughlin, Director of Recruiting, at email@example.com
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.