Client Account Manager - Brewery [Remote]
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are open, but most employees are working remotely; most interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
The long-term work location for this role is flexible; we are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are located in and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally at this time.
Client Accounting Manager - Brewery
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, challenging and interesting work, and a dedication to continually increasing our competencies.
We’re adding a Client Accounting Services (CAS) Manager to support our growing beverage practice group, which includes craft brewers, ciders and distillers from all over the country! This person will leverage their leadership experience and damn good accounting skills to provide strategic oversight and hands-on management of a small group of brewery and other clients; supervise and mentor a team of bookkeepers; and assist in developing new business and fostering client relationships.
Have you been longing for a chance to have real, positive impact on businesses? Do you have a knack for process improvement? Are you a strong leader and relationship builder? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity!
What’s in it for you?
- Great colleagues—work with smart, creative professionals who delight in rolling up sleeves and digging in to help client organizations achieve their full potential
- Growth—opportunity for expanding your skills and knowledge within the position and there’s room for advancement
- Participation in networking and learning opportunities such as the Brewers Association, AICPA, OSCPA, and other professional organizations
- Variety—the job includes diverse responsibilities and clients bring varying needs
- Paperless, cloud-based environment; we’re committed to smart use of technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We have fun here!
This role will be varied and have a broad scope of responsibility, but if we were to narrow it down to four major categories, they would be:
- Manage several Staff and Senior Bookkeepers, assuming full responsibility for their training, work assignments, scheduling and performance
- Manage ongoing client engagements and individual project-based work in which we serve as a contract Controller or CFO
- Deliver timely and accurate financial reports in a large ERP software (Orchestrated Beer)
- Onboard new clients, develop relationships, document high-level monthly procedures, and eventually turn those clients over to subordinate bookkeepers
Our ideal candidate is a team leader who is a CPA, has worked at a public accounting firm within the last 10 years and/or supervised a client accounting team, and has brewery/beverage finance experience. Excitement about the craft beverage industry is a must. Bonus points for being familiar with Orchestrated Beer, but it's not necessary as long as there's some experience with a large ERP.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you?
Please apply today for consideration!
Questions? Email Areena McLaughlin, Talent Acquisition Manager, or Chelsea Albertson, Recruiting Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in accounting or finance; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years bookkeeping experience including the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month-end close procedures is required
- QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification is required (or commitment to obtain within six-months of employment)
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required
- Proactive, effective English verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong computer skills including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, etc. is required.
- Experience in large ERP is required; experience with SAP Business One, Orchestrated Beer or Ekos Brewmaster is preferred
- Must travel to client sites as needed (travel time is approximately 10% local; 5% out of area)
- Supervisory experience in oversight of complex client accounting services and/or bookkeeping work and development of new client relationships in a professional services environment is required
- Experience in beverage industry finance is required; alcohol beverage industry preferred
- Experience preparing payroll and sales tax returns strongly preferred
- Experience in a large local/regional or national accounting firm is desirable
- A valid Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.